Can I put my membership on hold for holidays/illness etc?
We provide a special service to allow you to freeze your membership while you are ill, injured or on holiday. This is how it works:
- You must provide 14 days notice in writing, please ask at reception for a form.
- Freezing must be a minimum ofÂ 2 weeksÂ and a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Freezing greater thanÂ 6 weeksÂ can only be carried out for reasons of illness, pregnancy, serious injury, redundancy or business transfers (supporting documentation required).
- Note: Time freeze will not be accepted if any fees are outstanding.
Can I bring a friend?
Casual visitorsÂ are welcome at Personal Best Fitness. Â If you have friends or family visiting for longer periods they can purchase a Casual Visit card or membership - ask at reception for details. If you give us the name and phone number of a friend you would like to recommend to join the club we will contact them on your behalf and invite them to use the facilities for one complimentary visit.
What are the opening hours?
6am to 8.30pm on Monday to Thursdays, 6am to 7.30pm Fridays, 7am to 12 noon on Saturdays and 2pm to 6pm Sundays. On public holidays please check with reception for opening hours, with the exceptions of Christmas Day and Good Friday (closed).
Are children or adolescents allowed in the club?
There is no age restriction for members or casual visitors at Personal Best Fitness. However, for the safety of themselves and other club users, we require persons below the age of 10 years to be fully supervised by a parent, guardian, or personal trainer at all times. Persons between the age of 10 and 16 years may use the facilities independent of supervision once they have completed a 2 x 1 hour gym induction with a personal trainer (standard personal training rates apply)
Are there times when the club is quieter?
Yes, the quietest time is generally between 11am and 3pm on week days. This does vary, so please ask reception and they will guide you.
What do I do if I am not using my membership?
Your Personal Best Fitness membership is an INVESTMENT in your health. Perhaps an update with your personal trainer will help to re-motivate you and get you back on track with your exercise routine.
Please read the following information carefully to understand why it is important to exercise on a regular basis. Here at Personal Best Fitness our goal is to help improve your health, your well being and quality of life through regular exercise.
Exercising regularly has a number of positive effects on your health. These benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Improved self esteem
- Reduction in stress levels
- Improvement in mental strength
- Improved sleep patterns
- Maintain and improvement of muscle mass
- Increase of bone mineral density
- Reduction of lower back pain
- Reduction of resting blood pressure
- Increase of resting metabolism
- Reduction in body fat
- Increased libido
- Increased production of â€˜feel good' hormones endorphin's the bodies naturally occurring morphine
- Decreases the risk of lifestyle related illness, i.e. heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- You actually can get home quicker if you go to the gym, do 30 minutes of exercise, then drive home as opposed to driving in peak hour traffic!
|Mon, @9:15am - Fit Bar|
|Mon, @10:30am - Forever Active|
|Mon, @5:30pm - Spin|
|Tue, @6:15am - Spin|
|Tue, @10:30am - Forever Active|
|Tue, @5:30pm - Circuit|
|Tue, @6:30pm - Yoga|
|Wed, @6:15am - X-FIT Circuit|
|Wed, @9:15am - Stretch|
|Wed, @10:30am - Forever Active|
|Wed, @12:10pm - Box Fit|
|Wed, @5:30pm - 3 Peaks|
|Thu, @9:15am - Fitbar|
|Thu, @10:30am - Forever Active|
|Thu, @5:30pm - Fitball|
|Fri, @6:00am - 3 Peaks|
|Fri, @10:30am - Yoga|
|Fri, @5:30pm - Stretch|
|Sat, @8:00am - Spin|
|Sat, @9:00am - Circuit|
|Sat, @10:00am - Tai Chi|